This is a great recipe for busy people who want to make something quick but still want something nutritious and delicious. Eliminating the chicken and cheese makes this recipe easily adaptable for vegan’s without compromising on the high nutritional value of the raw zucchini and the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric. Once you have tried this recipe, I’m sure it will become one of your favourite’s.This recipe is dedicated to our little niece Connie, who’s favourite vegetable was zucchini and who absolutely LOVED pasta. Before a meal she would say: 'Bon appetite, now we may eat!'
What you will need:
|Solenzi Chef’s Ingredients- Zucchini Rounds||1 x 50g bag|
|Solenzi Organic Rice & Turmeric Gnocchetti||75g – 100g per person|
|Sommariva Organic Cream of Wild Ruccola Sauce
OR Basil Pesto Sauce
|Sommariva Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil||3 Tablespoons|
|Grilled or roasted chicken cut into small strips||optional|
Skill Level: Easy
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Open pack of zucchini rounds, place in a bowl, and cover with tepid water and soak for 15 minutes. Once soaked squeeze water out of the zucchini rounds and set aside.
- Put a pot of water on the stove, add salt to taste, and bring to a boil to cook the pasta
- While the pasta is cooking, in a saucepan on the stove, begin warming some olive oil, add the zucchini rounds and begin to sauté them adding small amounts of warm water from the pasta as necessary to keep the zucchini from burning. Cook for 5 minutes. If you are adding cooked chicken strips or other ingredients, add at this stage into the same saucepan.
- Cook the pasta for 15 minutes, and reserve about ½ cup of the water in a small bowl.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add it to the saucepan with the zucchini, and turn off the heat completely. Toss together, adding the pesto, and more olive oil as desired. If needed, add some of the reserved pasta water so that the ingredients slide together and are glistening and not sticky.
- Divide into individual plates and top with parmesan cheese if desired